Focusing on User Experience and Analytics I’ve replatformed to Magento 2 and increased revenue by 15% Year on Year.
My journey with Chatham Marine began in December 2017 when I started working with an essentially broken Magento 1 back end that was at the point of failure due to a lack of co-ordinated development over previous years.
The long term goal was putting the site on to Magento 2 however a programme of remedial work was put in place to refresh the site and make it more functional and focus on growth.
The migration to Magento 2 was a 7 month process that involved:
- Producing a brief and obtaining quotes from a number of specialist agencies.
- With the main board deciding upon the preferred partner.
- Working with designers to wireframe the preferred layout.
- Agreeing the final design for coding to begin.
- A comprehensive user acceptance testing period to full align design with functionality.
- Working with the agency to agree a go-live plan and put in place all preparatory steps.
- Go live followed by a period of bug logging and fixing.
- After the whole process was signed off then continually sourcing and evaluating improvements to the site in order to grow sales and conversion rates.
To explore the site further please visit http://www.chatham.co.uk